Tuesday 20 April 2010

My Meaning

I started off hating joiners. To be honest I used to think they were lame. But now I love them! They are so fun to create and to me it's more like using photography to create a piece of art work. If I had simply taken a wide angled image of Pepe and Kat in my room then it would have without a doubt been one of the most boring photographs I've ever taken. However, the way I have manipulated and changed its appearance has made the total opposite of boring. It's like I'm trying to show that it doesn't matter what the subject is, you can still make it interesting. It's like Daido Moriyama. He takes a photograph of something uninteresting and manipulates it to make it interesting. And that's exactly what I've done here. I mean, who wants to see a photograph of my room. But can a joiner still be considered a photograph? Personally I think it can. It's just showing how photography is changing and developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment